Blog

November 2017

There’s no doubt about it: holiday expenses can really add up. Between gifts and travel, and jam-packed schedules, the last thing you’ll want to do is book your family’s dental appointments. But what if we told you there was a way to save money this year, and it began by calling Scott E. Hayhurst Family and Cosmetic Dentistry?

Did you know that only 2.8% of people with PPO dental plans reach or exceed their plan’s annual maximum, leaving 97.2% of people sitting on unused dental benefits? As soon as the clock strikes midnight on January 1st, you can kiss all your unused dental benefits goodbye! While it may be a hectic time of year, using your benefits now could actually save you money and a headache down the road. Here are 4 reasons you should use them before you lose them:

Dental problems will only get worse

Postponing your dental appointments can only make matters worse and lead to more extensive and expensive treatment! A recent study suggests that a simple annual cleaning is crucial for identifying future problems such as gum disease, cavities, and even oral cancer. Although you may not have pressing issues now, basic preventative care is an excellent way to use your benefits and will help you achieve and maintain a healthy set of teeth and gums!

Create a timely strategy to save big

If you require a procedure involving multiple visits, getting started at the end of the year is a great strategy! To help maximize your benefits, your dentist can split the treatment over this year and next, allowing you to take advantage of your replenished funds and dramatically reduce your out-of-pocket expenses. Be sure to discuss this possibility with your dentist!

You are paying, so don’t waste your money

A deductible is the amount of money you must pay to your dentist before your insurance kicks in. On average, it’s $50 for the year. Come January 1st, you will need to pay the deductible again regardless of any unused benefits. If you’re not using your benefits but continuing to pay monthly premiums, the money is simply wasted. Remember, even if you don’t need any dental treatment, schedule a cleaning and let those benefits pay for your preventative health before your fees potentially increase and you have to dole out more cash!

Confidently enjoy your holidays

Last, but not least, using your benefits now means enjoying the holidays! Once the hustle and bustle of the season has died down, you can look forward to 2018, knowing you got the most out of your benefits and saved some money!

At Scott E. Hayhurst Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we provide personalized care for adults, teens, and children and go above and beyond to provide you with the care you deserve. If you have outstanding dental benefits, there has never been a more opportune time to book an appointment than right now! Don’t let your dental benefits go to waste—be sure to use them before December 31st!


Image: https://pixabay.com/en/calendar-2018-year-turn-of-the-year-2763496/


Source: http://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/dental-care-concerns/paying-for-dental-care/using-dental-benefits

Source: https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/health/save-going-to-the-dentist/

Source: http://www.boisedentistsmiles.com/page/services

Source: https://www.verywell.com/using-dental-insurance-1059063

Source: http://www.boisedentistsmiles.com/page/contact

Source: https://mic.com/articles/184952/3-key-financial-tasks-to-get-done-by-the-end-of-2017-to-leave-you-richer-in-the-new-year#.o5GbvO5Af

Blog post: use your dental benefits before 2018

UNUSED DENTAL BENEFITS? KISS THEM GOODBYE IN THE NEW YEAR.